COURSE OUTLINES FOR ENGINEERING
The courses in the following areas are of ten weeks duration. The outlines indicate the material to be covered on a weekly basis as well as the textbooks and references to be used. The courses range from elementary to advanced and cover the four year engineering curricula as follows: computer systems, thermodynamics, elementary marine engineering, welding, machine shop, engineering drawing, fluid mechanics, strength of materials, engineering mechanics, electrical circuits, vibration, heat transfer refrigeration and air conditioning, AC and DC machinery, electronics, steam power plants, internal combustion engines, automatic controls, ocean engineering and nuclear engineering.
United States Merchant Marine AcademyDepartment of Engineering
Kings Point, NY United States 11024
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 125 p.
- TRT Terms: Curricula; Engineering; Generators; Heat balance; Machining; Marine engineering; Nuclear engineering; Refrigeration; Ship crews; Steam power plants; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Licensed personnel training; Training courses (General engineering); Training courses (Machinist); Training courses (Steam generators)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138639
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM