The manual contains sections on deck machinery, ground tackle, wire and fibre rope, cargo handling gear, the use of engine and rudder in ship handling, towing procedures and equipment, ship salvage techniques, collision avoidance and Rules of the Road, and emergency stop tests. The text provides a review of the practical aspects of seamanship and can be used as a handy reference for a working mate.
United States Merchant Marine AcademyDepartment of Nautical Science
Kings Point, NY 11024
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 150 p.
- TRT Terms: Boating; Merchant seamen; Ship crews; Ship pilotage; Training
- Candidate Terms: Seamanship
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138637
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM