COURSE OUTLINES FOR MATHEMATICS, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY
All the outlines cover courses of ten weeks length: (1) The mathematics section includes five courses in calculus and analytical geometry, spherical trigonometry, two courses in differential equations, two courses in management mathematics, probability, statistics and two courses in advanced mathematics for engineers. (2) The physics section contains four courses developed to meet engine and deck requirements, atomic, nuclear and solid state theory. (3) The chemistry section includes three courses on general chemistry, two courses on oceanographic chemistry, two courses on the history and philosophy of science, three courses on organic chemistry and biochemistry I, II and III. All courses indicate the textbooks and reference material to be used as well as an outline of each week's work to be covered.
United States Merchant Marine AcademyDepartment of Mathematics and Science
Kings Point, NY USA 11024
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Mathematics; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (General); Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Mathematics); Training courses (Physics/chemistry)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138636
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM