A STUDY GUIDE FOR INTRODUCTION TO NAVIGATION
This is a combination study guide and work book which provides sample questions and navigation problems, including answers. The guide is divided into thirteen sections: (1) definitions of the terrestrial coordinate system; (2) nautical chart and its construction; (3) dead reckoning; (4) piloting; (5 & 6) the running fix; (7) navigation publications; (8) compasses; (9) compass error; (10 & 11) aids to navigation - buoys, beacons and lights; (12) visibility of lights; (13) electronic navigation. The texts used are Marine Navigation I - Piloting by R.R. Hobbs and the American Practical Navigator by Bowditch.
United States Merchant Marine AcademyKings Point, NY United States 11024
- Wichert, WAA
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Celestial navigation; Electronic navigation; Navigation; Pilotage; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training; Navigation courses; Training courses (Celestial navigation); Training courses (Navigation)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138635
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM