NAUTICAL SCIENCE COURSE OUTLINES
Consists of a set of course outlines covering: (1) applied marine electronics; (2) cargo stowage and handling; (3) communications; (4) electronic circuits and devices; (5) shipboard safety, fire fighting and life saving; (6) meteorology; (7) navigation; (8) seamanship; (9) astronomy; (10) oceanography; and (11) tanker operations. Where applicable, reference textbooks and reading assignments are listed for each course. Each course outlines the topics to be covered during each week of the course period. The length of the courses is about ten weeks each.
United States Merchant Marine AcademyDepartment of Nautical Science
Kings Point, NY 11024
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Fire fighting; Fire fighting equipment; Loran; Navigation; Safety; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Candidate Terms: Seamanship
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Cargo); Training courses (Loran); Training courses (Navigation); Training courses (Safety)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00138634
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 1 1976 12:00AM