APPLIED MARINE ELECTRONICS (D) VOLUME 1--GYRO COMPASSES
The manual is divided into 25 sections beginning with the principles of the gyro compass and laboratory experiments with gyro compasses followed by separate sections describing the following types of compass (1) Mark 14 Mod 2 (2) Mark 14 Mod 2 and 2A (3) Sperry Mark 19 Mod 3 (4) Sperry Mark 22 (5) Mark 227 Mod 0 (6) The Anschutz Gyro Compass (7) Arma Subminiature Gyro Compass (8) the Gyrofin stabilizer and (9) the Sperry SNG 10 Inertial Navigation System. Intermediate sections also describe the latitude and speed correctors, the gyro transmission systems, compass repeaters, course records, gyro pilots and the rudder angle indicator.
United States Merchant Marine AcademyDepartment of Nautical Science
Kings Point, NY 11024
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 349 p.
- TRT Terms: Compasses; Gyrocompasses; Ship crews; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138630
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM