STEAM ENGINEERING COURSE
The manual is divided into eight sections providing detailed explanations of the following: (1) definitions, conversion factors and mathematical formulas applicable to an original license or raise of grade, (2) operation and maintenance of reciprocating steam engines, (3) steam turbine description, principles and operating practice, (4) reciprocating steam pumps, centrifugal pumps, lobe pumps, gear pumps, screw pumps and radial piston pumps, (5) steam and electro-hydraulic steering gear combined with a description of various types of rudders, stern post attachment and propeller mounting diagrams, (6) electrical formulas, symbols, definitions and a trouble shooting section for motor controllers, (7) provides general practical information about auxiliary machinery such as evaporators, pumps, bearings and packing techniques. (8) This section is devoted entirely to sketches of machinery components. All sections contain sketches and illustrations to assist in a clearer understanding of the text descriptions.
AMO/MEBA District 2School of Marine Engineering & Nav, 672 4th Ave
Brooklyn, NY United States 11232
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: 200 p.
- TRT Terms: Centrifugal pumps; Electric controllers; Electrohydraulic mechanisms; Piston engines; Pumps; Ship crews; Steam; Steam engines; Steering components; Steering gears; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Electric motor controllers; Electrohydraulic systems; Licensed personnel training; Steam pumps; Steering mechanisms
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138629
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: AMO/MEBA District 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM