The manual is intended to be utilized as a study book, supplementing the lecture courses provided by the School of Marine Engineering in the subject of Emergency Diesel Engine Driven Generators. If utilized for its intended purpose, it will provide an invaluable aid to those in training for original and raise of grade marine licenses. The first 18 pages provide a review of the theory of diesel engines accompanied by drawings and diagrams of an engine and its major components. The remainder of the manual consists of 88 questions and detailed answers dealing with all phases of practical diesel operation and maintenance.
AMO/MEBA District 2School of Marine Engineering & Nav, 672 4th Ave
Brooklyn, NY USA 11232
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Lubrication; Ship crews; Training; Vehicle maintenance; Vehicle operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Diesel lubrication; Diesel maintenance; Diesel operation; Diesel theory; Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Diesel)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138627
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: AMO/MEBA District 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 21 1976 12:00AM