INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE COURSE
The manual is divided into ten sections as follows: (1) Theory and description of internal combustion engines, (2) Mechanical cycles, (3) Calculation of M.E.P. and horsepower, (4) Thermal efficiency, (5) Fuel injection system, (6) Cooling and lubrication, (7) Double acting and opposed piston engines, (8) Starting and reversing systems, (9) Auxiliaries and accesories, and (10) General operation and maintenance. The last part contains a trouble shooting guide. There are questions and essay type answers provided in each section. The individual sections provide detailed, easily understood explanations and descriptions which are designed to provide operating engineers with a clear understanding of the fundamentals of diesel theory, practical operation and maintenance.
Seamen's Church Institute of New YorkMerchant Marine School
New York, NY United States
- Antonecchia, G
- Publication Date: 1967
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Ship crews; Training; Vehicle maintenance; Vehicle operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Diesel maintenance; Diesel operation; Diesel theory; Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Diesel)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138624
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Seamen's Church Institute of New York
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM