POINTERS ON TURBINE OPERATION AND BEARINGS
The second of a new series of manuals designed to acquaint the unlicensed seaman with the fundamentals of marine engineering. The primary aim of this book, and of the rest of the series, is to help men with entry ratings learn enough to obtain their endorsements as a Qualified Member-Engine Department (QMED). The books can also be used as refreshers by more experienced engine department personnel. The manual is written in clear, plain English and describes the basic preparations necessary in warming up a steam turbine, its operations and securing on arrival in port. The second part describes the various types of bearings, their proper removal, cleaning, lubrication installation and adjustment. Clear, color coded drawings of a main steam/water cycle and a gravity lube oil service system are included. The manual is distributed free of charge to all SIU engine department personnel. It will also be available without charge to marine engineers and others in the industry who are interested in the subject.
AMO/MEBA District 2School of Marine Engineering & Nav, 672 4th Ave
Brooklyn, NY USA 11232
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Training courses (Qmed); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138621
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: AMO/MEBA District 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 21 1976 12:00AM