This Manual should be used as a guide in the performance of the duties of Able Bodied Seaman. In addition, it contains information regarding safety practices which should be understood by all who follow the sea. The material contained in this Manual has been obtained from the best sources available and provides a wealth of information regarding everyday shipboard safety and working procedures. The contents cover nautical terms and definitions, knots, bridge equipment, how to use your eyes at night, ship construction, anchors and ground tackle, paints and maintenance, canvas, fire fighting and equipment, safety equipment, seamanship, masts and rigging, types of blocks, stowage and tank cargoes, tankers and tanker work, compass, steering, history of bouyage, and first aid at sea.
HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORYWRIGHT-PATTERSON A.F.B., OHIO:
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 195 p.
- TRT Terms: Merchant seamen; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Candidate Terms: Seamanship
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138616
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM