The necessary review material is provided in five chapters covering (1) marlinspike seamanship including care and proper handling of natural and synthetic fiber lines and wire, winch and cargo gear operation plus detailed sketches and explanations for splicing, (2) describes the principal technical features of a 125,000 cubic meter LNG ship as well as its safety and reliability characteristics, (3) reviews various types of high-technology ships such as nuclear powered vessels, bulk carriers, LASH ships, cable ships, heavy lift vessels and various tanker/tank cleaning systems now in use, (4) covers painting, surface preparation, safety precautions to be taken, a comparison of paints and areas of recommended use as well as an analysis of paint failures and how to recognize and correct the cause and (5) a review of emergency first aid treatment.
HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORYWRIGHT-PATTERSON A.F.B., OHIO:
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 310 p.
- TRT Terms: Boating; Merchant seamen; Ship crews; Training
- Candidate Terms: Seamanship
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Training courses (Bosun); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138615
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM