The manual begins with descriptions and diagrams illustrating the basic principles of electricity, magnetism, fields of force, batteries (primary and secondary cells) and their construction, Ohm's law and its application. The various types of AC/DC motors and generators are reviewed including the different types of windings and their advantages. Clear and easily understood diagrams are provided with the text, illustration the characteristic differences in construction. Voltage control, parallel operation, transformers and the use of volt-ohm meters are described in detail. A section on electrical symbols is included. The final section contains 600 multiple choice and essay type Q&A for review purposes. A list of electrical terms and definitions is also provided.
HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORYWRIGHT-PATTERSON A.F.B., OHIO:
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 204 p.
- TRT Terms: Electricity; Motors; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Electrician training; Training courses (Electrician); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138613
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM