The manual deals exclusively with electric arc welding and begins by providing a glossary of welding terms. A general description of the welding process and the equipment leads into a detailed step by step explanation of the various pieces of welding equipment and their proper set-up and use. Diagrams and explanations cover the DC welding generator, cables, ground attachments, electrodes and electrode holders, striking an arc, breaking the arc and arc welding techniques. Guidelines are provided regarding preparations for welding, running a weld, cleaning the equipment and general safety precautions. The last part of the manual outlines eight separate welding projects to be completed by the student as shop training exercises.
HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORYWRIGHT-PATTERSON A.F.B., OHIO:
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Ship crews; Training; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Training courses (Welding); Unlicensed personnel training; Welder training; Welding procedures
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138612
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM