BOILERMAKER REFERENCE MANUAL
The manual is divided into four sections. The first section is devoted to insulating materials and provides detailed explanations of how to lay up new brickwork, inspection and repair of joints, application of refractory wash, header insulation and drying out procedure before firing the boiler. Section two reviews the properties and application of various refractory materials such as firebrick, tile, jointing materials, high temperature cements, fire clay and the laying up and care of plastic firebrick. The third part is a general discussion of furnace linings and brickwork and reviews insulation, tie bolts, refractory linings, workmanship during boiler repair, spalling and its prevention, fusion, thermal expansion and deformation from load. The final chapter consists of 112 questions and answers on boilermaking.
HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORYWRIGHT-PATTERSON A.F.B., OHIO:
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Boilers; Equipment maintenance; Production; Ship crews; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Boiler maintenance; Boiler making; Crew training (Engine); Training courses (Boilermaker); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138611
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM