ENGINE DEPARTMENT WIPER INSTRUCTION BOOKLET
Outlines the wiper's duties and those of other engine room personnel with whom he will be working. This is followed by practical hints in the use of tools and the proper procedures to be followed in chipping, painting and cleaning. An elementary explanation of the steam power plant leads into a more detailed description of the boiler, air heater, feedwater heater, condenser, condensate pump, fuel oil and lube oil systems. Diagrams and sketches of each component are than put together as a composite diagram of the complete steam and water cycle. The final portion of the manual consists of a three part sea project to be completed by the wiper while aboard ship and is part of the USCG requirements that must be completed before attending the FOWT upgrading course.
HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORYWRIGHT-PATTERSON A.F.B., OHIO:
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Ship crews; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Training courses (Wiper); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138610
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM