The manual is in five sections covering (1) Description of a lathe, attachments, accessories, basic operating techniques and recommended cutting oils for various metals; (2) Metallurgy, properties and uses of non-ferrous metals and alloys; (3) Metallurgy, properties and uses of ferrous metals and alloys; (4) Soldering, brazing, babbitting and the proper use of fluxes; (5) Contains three sections of multiple choice questions and answers (272 Q&A) on soldering, drills and drilling, use and maintenance of metal working tools, use of lathe tools and operation, measuring instruments, gauges and safety.
HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORYWRIGHT-PATTERSON A.F.B., OHIO:
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 88 p.
- TRT Terms: Machining; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Machinist training; Training courses (Machinist); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138608
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM