Begins with a basic description of steam power plants and the steam and water cycle. The balance of the manual consists of questions and essay type answers which provide a description and the operation of the following components: sectional header and D type boiler start-up procedure, cutting in and securing a boiler, the superheater, the steam and water drum, feed water regulator and gauges, air register, fuel oil systems (variable capacity and straight mechanical), feed water heater, pumps, general boiler operation and firefighting. Excellent sketches, pictures and diagrams are used throughout to illustrate and clarify the explanations in the text.
Harry Lundeberg School of SeamanshipEngine Department
Piney Point, MD United States 20674
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 120 p.
- TRT Terms: Engineering personnel; Fire fighting; Firefighters; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138607
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM