HANDBOOK FOR FIREMEN, OILERS AND WATERTENDERS ON GREAT LAKES VESSELS
The purpose of this booklet is to acquaint men in the Engine Department of Great Lakes freighters with the basic requirements of the rating they have accepted. It is not intended as a complete outline of their duties, since experience on the job, the needs of each particular ship, and the orders of the engineers for whom they work, are the real factors which will govern the extent and the performance of their shipboard tasks. This booklet should serve as a general guide for men preparing themselves for advancement. It contains brief descriptions of each position, methods to follow in carrying out the job, and a summary of the equipment and machinery with which they must familiarize themselves. Included is a special section of Questions and Answers of the type being used by the United States Coast Guard. A study of them should prove beneficial in passing the Coast Guard examination.
Lake Carriers' Association1411 Rockefeller Building
Cleveland, OH United States 44113
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Pagination: 84 p.
- TRT Terms: Firefighters; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Training courses (Oiler); Training courses (Watertenders); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138602
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Lake Carriers' Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM