REFRIGERATION AND AIRCONDITIONING TEXT
The text is for the purpose of presenting the underlying principles of refrigeration and air conditioning so that the student may apply them to the various installations he will encounter aboard ship. Since "Heat, Mechanics of Fluids" and other lessons covering engineering fundamentals have been studied earlier in the course, and "Marine Engineering Tables" has been included, only certain basic refrigeration concepts are covered in the nine chapters as follows: (1) review of fundamentals, (2) refrigeration and refrigerants, (3) factors affecting the refrigeration system, (4) the compressor, (5) the evaporator, (6) the condenser, (7) refrigeration system control, (8) refrigeration of ship's stores and (9) cargo refrigeration. Diagrams and sketches are included of the system components discussed in each chapter.
HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORYWRIGHT-PATTERSON A.F.B., OHIO:
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 89 p.
- TRT Terms: Refrigeration; Ship crews; Specialized training; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138601
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM