RADAR OBSERVER COURSE
The manual is divided into eight chapters: (1) Provides an introduction to radar, its history, basic principles and theory; (2) Covers the characteristics of radar signal propagation and the effect of weather on radar performance; (3) Discusses interpretation of the radar display, mechanical and electrical phenomena, target characteristics and the use of radar as an aid to navigation; (4) Describes the controls and operation of radar sets as well as maintenance and safety precautions; (5) Reviews the Rules of the Road and their application to radar in collision avoidance; (6&7) Introduces the student to radar plotting, the use of plotting sheets and procedures as well as practical ploting problems, and chapter (8) Covers rapid radar plotting techniques. An appendix provides a glossary of radar terms as well as excerpts from USCG Annex 169 to the Rules of the Road.
HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORYWRIGHT-PATTERSON A.F.B., OHIO:
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 104 p.
- TRT Terms: Radar displays; Radar operators; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training; Radar plotting; Training courses (Radar observer)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138599
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM