The text provides a comprehensive outline for developing an 80 hour curriculum to provide the Able Seaman basic navigational instruction as well as an introduction to electronic navigational equipment found aboard merchant ships. The course covers pilotage, compass compensation, the buoyage system, rules of the road, chart navigation, Loran, RDF and radar.
HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORYWRIGHT-PATTERSON A.F.B., OHIO:
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Navigational aids; Pilotage; Ship crews; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Training courses (Quartermaster); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138598
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM