OILER COURSE BOOK
The manual is divided into the following sections: Oiler Takes His Watch; Bell Signals and Telegraph; Piston Valves; Feedwater Heater; D.C. Heater; Back Pressure System; Bearings and Gears; Main Condenser; Jet Condenser; Air Ejectors; Reciprocating Pumps; Centrifugal Pumps; Rotary Pumps; Packing Chart; Lube Oil System; Lube Oil Purifiers; Evaporators; Refrigeration; Turbine Operation; Steam Power Plant; Fire Fighting. Each section provides a good, step by step working description of the particular system or piece of equipment and the procedures for lubricating, monitoring and maintaining it. Most sections provide a series of questions and detailed answers for review as well as many clear, well explained diagrams and drawings of the system components.
HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORYWRIGHT-PATTERSON A.F.B., OHIO:
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment maintenance; Machinery; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Auxiliary machinery; Crew training (Engine); Training courses (Oiler); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138595
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM