Ships are still running aground and sinking and lives are being lost. Many of these disasters occur because seamen do not know enough about shipboard lifesaving equipment and abandon-ship procedures. This book has two purposes; (1) to help the merchant seaman to prepare for his lifeboat endorsement, and (2) to familiarize himself with the lifesaving equipment and drills he will encounter aboard the ships he will sail. The manual explains lifeboat construction, lifeboat and liferaft equipment, launching and the operation of each as well as many diagrams and sketches which clearly illustrate the equipment and procedures. A glossary of terms and sample Lifeboatman Questions are included.
HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORYWRIGHT-PATTERSON A.F.B., OHIO:
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 117 p.
- TRT Terms: Life rafts; Lifeboats; Rescue equipment; Ship crews; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (General); Training courses (Lifeboatman); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138594
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM