REFRIGERATED CONTAINER COURSE: SECTION I - REFRIGERATION SYSTEM
The manual is divided into (6) sections: (1) Explains the various types of heat, pressure/temperature relationships of liquids and gases, volume, density, heat transfer and fluid flow; (2) Compares the refrigerants R-12, R-22 and R-502 and provides tables of comparative properties of each, discusses saturation temperature, evaporation, condensation and refrigerant-oil relationships, use of refrigerant tables and pocket temperature charts; (3) Lists refrigeration terms with definitions; (4) Refrigeration Cycle--a progressive development of a simple system using a series of large clear sketches and explanations of each component as it is added to build-up a complete system; (5) Three Way Valve System--describes its use in conjunction with a 4 cylinder V-type compressor, also covers defrosting/heating, refrigeration cycle, accumulators, expansion valves, cooling cycle, super heat, use of service valves and operation of the multiple, electric switch thermostat; (6) The last section (27 pages) is devoted entirely to trouble shooting, providing detailed steps in diagnosing and remedying problems.
HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORYWRIGHT-PATTERSON A.F.B., OHIO:
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Refrigerated cargo; Refrigeration; Ship crews; Specialized training; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Engine); Unlicensed personnel training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138592
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HARRY G. ARMSTRONG AEROSPACE MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM