NUCLEAR CEMENT CONTENT GAGE: INSTRUCTION MANUAL
Detailed instructions are presented for the operation and maintenance of a nuclear (gamma ray backscatter and absorption) gage for measuring the cement content of plastic (fresh) portland cement concrete. The gage is a prototype based on research results reported in Federal Highway Administration Report No. FHWA-RD-73-48, "A Radioisotope Backscatter Gauge for Measuring the Cement Content of Plastic Concrete." The manual includes: procedures for establishing calibration curves, for determining cement content, and for performing basic maintenance and troubleshooting; a radiation safety discussion; and specifications, a synposis of the principles of operation, a detailed description of the components.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Mitchell, T M
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Calibration; Cement content; Concrete tests; Manuals; Measuring instruments; Nuclear gages; Polymer concrete; Portland cement concrete; Radiation hazards; Specifications
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00138577
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-75- 63 Intrm Rpt., FCP-24F3-014
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 4 1976 12:00AM