BIOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF TERRESTRIAL OIL SPILLS-USA CRUDE OIL RESEARCH IN ALASKA, 1970-1974
Objectives of the investigations conducted were to define the ecosystems most sensitive to the presence of crude oil or its refined products, quantify and understand the injury response, and establish time frames for manifestation of damage and natural restorative processes in arctic and subarctic regions. This was accomplished through: surveys of natural oil seepages and past accidental spills in the Arctic and Subarctic, initiation of controlled oil spills and detailed laboratory investigations.
Hanover, NH USA 03755-1290
- Deneke, F J
- Mccowan, B H
- Coyne, P I
- Rickard, W
- BROWN, J
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil spill control
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138483
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 346 Res. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 4 1976 12:00AM