DYNAMIC CRACK PROPAGATION AND ARREST IN STRUCTURAL STEELS
This is the second of two Ship Structure Committee reports describing a three-year investigation of the crack propagation and arrest characteristics of ship-hull steels. The earlier report (SSC-242), which dealt principally with development of experimental and analytical techniques, is briefly discussed. Results are then presented for the following steels: ASTM-A517F (high strength low alloy), 9% Ni (for cryogenic service), ABS-C and ABS-E (two plates, one of which is high strength and designated EH).
Battelle Columbus Laboratories505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH USA 43201
- Hahn, G T
- Hoagland, R G
- Rosenfield, A R
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Fracture mechanics
- Identifier Terms: Ship Structure Committee
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation
- Old TRIS Terms: Crack arrest
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00138414
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC-256 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00034-72-C-5142
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1976 12:00AM