REDESIGN, FABRICATION AND TEST OF A 1000-GPM HIGH SEAS OIL RECOVERY SYSTEM AND DESIGN ONLY OF A 500-GPM HIGH SEAS OIL RECOVERY
This report covers the redesign, fabrication and test of a 1000-GPM high seas oil recovery system. It also discusses the design of a 500-GMP Oil Recovery System. This system was built primarily from the components of the 2000-GPM system. Modifications, improvements and some redesign were incorporated in this unit based on previous basin and at-sea tests. Changes were made primarily in the weir/basin and included the elimination of the trailing hoses. Limited oil collection tests in an inland tow tank and at-sea tests in the ocean were conducted using the 1000-GPM system.
Ocean Systems, Incorporated11440 Isaac Newton Industrial Square North
Reston, VA USA 22070
- Blockwick, T N
- Smith, R J
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 177 p.
- TRT Terms: Oil spill cleanup; Pollution control; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil recovery systems; Oil skimmers; Pollution abatement measures
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138360
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USCG-D-182-75 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-22651-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 23 1976 12:00AM