MARITIME COMMUNICATIONS FOR 1980'S
The Maritime Administration, Office of Commercial Development has over the past four year period (1971-1974) supported advanced communications and navigation projects to improve productivity of U.S. flag vessels. Projects include: Automated VHF FM Radio Telephone (Great Lakes and IWS); Satellite Communications and Navigation; Fleet Management Enhancement by Improved Communications and Navigation. This Workshop presented status and results of these efforts. The Workshop participants included responsible representatives from shipping companies, communications carriers, government, and others in the Maritime Community.
- Workshop Proceedings.
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointKings Point, NY USA 11024
- Publication Date: 1975-11-6
- Pagination: 183 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Navigational satellites; Satellite communication; Satellite navigation systems; Selective calling systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00138355
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-930-76037
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 23 1976 12:00AM