CATAMARAN MOTION PREDICTIONS IN REGULAR WAVES
As part of an effort to advance the development of catamaran technology, ship motion prediction theory for monohulls has been adapted, and programmed for a digital computer, to predict the heave and pitch motion characteristics of a catamaran in regular head waves. This report provides verification of the computer program utilizing existing experimental model data. Predictions are also made for the effects of changes in certain hull parameters on catamaran motions. An existing computer program, based on simplified theory, is also utilized to predict catamaran roll motion in the parametric variation study.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterBethesda, MD United States 20034
- Jones, H D
- Publication Date: 1972-1
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Catamarans; Ship motion; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Regular waves; Wave effects
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00033627
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSRDC-3700 R&D Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1972 12:00AM