QUALITY STANDARD AND QUALITY CONTROL IN SHIPBUILDING: A JOINT TASK OF SHIPYARD AND CLASSIFICATION SOCIETY
LIVELLO STANDARD DI QUALITA' E CONTROLLO QUALITA' NELLA CONSTRUZIONE NAVALE; UN COMPITO CONGIUNTO DEL CANTIERE E DELLA SOCIETA' DI CLASSIFICAZIONE
The impressive increase of shipbuilding and ship sizes has forced, in a relative short time, the shipbuilding industry and the classification societies to face the problems of fabrication by welding from a new viewpoint. These notes make a survey of the subject of quality. They mainly concern fabrication by welding applied to hull structures of medium and large conventional cargo ships, as tankers, ore and ore-oil carriers; though applicable also to other kind of ships and structures some of them may present specific welding and testing problems.
Registro Italiano Navale20 Via Vente Settembre
- Santini, W
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Quality control; Shipbuilding; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Welding quality control
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138348
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Registro Italiano Navale
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 58 Tech. Bull
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 11 1976 12:00AM