STRENGTH OF ICE UNDER MULTIAXIAL LOADING
Strength tests were carried out using hollow, cylindrical specimens of polycrystalline ice, subject to combined axial compression, internal/external pressure. A portion of the failure envelope in principal stress space was mapped out and compared with data of other workers. The results of all available multiaxial tests can be fit by a modified Paul first order criterion.
- Specimens prepared for SWRI by U.S. Army Colds Region Research and Engineering Laboratory, Hanover, New Hampshire.
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX United States 78228-0510
- Lankford, J
- Francis, P H
- Publication Date: 1975-8-31
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Ice; Icing; Strength of materials
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice carrying capacity; Ice strength
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00138342
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Southwest Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 02-4071 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DAHC 04-75-C-0002
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 11 1976 12:00AM