DYNAMIC POSITIONING OF THE DRILLING SHIP "PELICAN"
The paper deals with the development and realization of the dynamic positioning system for the drilling ship "Pelican" currently being built by I.H.C. Holland and anticipated to enter world-wide service by December 1971. The paper describes the philosophy of the design and the main components of the system. Special attention is paid to model measurements, hydrodynamic computations and dynamic simulation of the system. An indication of performance of the system is given.
- Symposium on "Offshore Hydrodynamics" at Wageningen, The Netherlands, August 25-26, 1971.
Netherlands Ship Model BasinWageningen, Netherlands
- Lagers, GHG
- Publication Date: 1971-8
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Drilling ships; Dynamic positioning; Offshore drilling platforms; Thrusters
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Positioning control systems; Thruster performance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00033614
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Netherlands Ship Model Basin
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSMB-375
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 28 1973 12:00AM