SUEZ: ONE YEAR ON
The study examines the record of the Canal during its first full year of business and the extent to which the Canal Authority's projections on traffic and revenue have been realized. Also included is a detailed look at how far the Canal has been able to recapture the tanker traffic which contributed the lion's share of its revenue before closure. The study also examines the effects of reopening on the pattern of liner trade routes and reviews the elaborate deepening and widening programme which the Authority has declared its intention of fulfilling. The effects of the reopening obviously go far beyond the Canal itself, and the study looks into the ways in which ports and repair and bunkering facilities in the Mediterranean, the Gulf and elsewhere, have been influenced by amended trading routes.
- A Seatrade Study.
Seatrade Publications LimitedFairfax House
Colchester CO1 1RJ, Essex, England
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Canal operations; Canal transit; Canals; Route choice; Trade routes
- Old TRIS Terms: Trade route selection
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138168
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Seatrade Publications Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 23 1976 12:00AM