ENERGY FROM COAL: A STATE-OF-THE-ART REVIEW
This overview of coal as an energy source describes coal classification systems (by rank, variety and size), compares identified and hypothetical coal resources of the U.S., and discusses utilization trends and constraints on future supply. Mining technology (surface, underground, reclamation) and associated health and safety aspects are reviewed, and transportation and storage aspects are outlined. The major unit operations in coal preparation are outlined, and the fundamental coal conversion (generalized gasification processes, generalized liquefaction process, direct combustion and advanced power systems, sulfur removal processes, chemicals from coal and support requirements) are detailed. Related economic considerations and legislative policies are reviewed.
Tetra Tech, Incorporated1911 North Fort Myer Drive
Arlington, VA USA 22209
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 111 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal mining; Combustion; Economics; Energy; Gasification; Handling and storage; Health; Laws; Liquefaction; Natural resources; Safety; Storage facilities; Sulfur; Technology; Transportation; Utilization
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00138133
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ERDA 76-67
- Contract Numbers: E(49-18)-2225
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM