THE IMPACTS ON COMMUNITIES OF ABANDONMENT OF RAILROAD SERVICE. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The problem of identifying community impacts is predominantly an economic one. The discontinuance of rail service deprives a community of an economic asset - an asset that is complementary to the existing stock of labor, land, capital facilities and equipment. It is tracing and measuring the consequence of this change in production possibilities that comprises the essential problem to which the study is addressed. Includes bibliographical references.
Public Interest Economics Center1714 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Buchanan, S
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Analysis; Branch lines; Economic analysis; Socioeconomic factors
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00138081
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of Transportation
- Report/Paper Numbers: Volume 1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: USRA-C-50010
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 11 1977 12:00AM