ANA EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION OF ALTERATIONS PROPOSED TO IMPROVE SEAWORTHINESS CHARACTERISTICS OF THE ASR 21/22 CATAMARAN
The David W. Taylor Naval Ship Research and Development Center undertook to experimentally determine which of a group of possible fixes considered would best improve the seaworthiness characteristics of the ASR 21/22 catamarans. Extensive seaworthiness experiments were carried out with the as-built condition as well as various modifications to detertion as well as various modifications to determine the feasibility of these possible fixes. A 15-foot foil forward in conjunction with cutting away a protion of the forward end of the bridging structure is considered the most desirable of the modifications considered.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD United States 20084
- Jones, H D
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Catamarans; Seaworthiness; Ship motion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00138018
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-122-21 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM