DYNAMIC PHOTOELASTIC ANALYSIS OF THREE FRACTURE SPECIMENS
Previous dynamic photoelasticity results on single edge- notched tension plates without and with stringer reinforcements, dynamic tear test (DTT) specimens and wedge- loaded double cantilever beam (DCB) specimens are reviewed and some common fracture dynamic features in these three specimens machined from 9.53 mm thick Homalite-100 plates are discussed. Comparisons between dynamic finite element and dynamic photoelastic analyses of single edgenotched tension plates and one-dimensional dynamic, and dynamic photoelasticity analyses of wedge-loaded DCB specimens verified the existence of large fluctuations in dynamic stress intensity factors during crack propagation in the specimens considered in these investigations.
University of Washington, SeattleDepartment of Mechanical Engineering
Seattle, WA United States 98105
- Kobayashi, A S
- Mall, S
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Cracking; Dynamic tests; Fracture mechanics; Stresses; Tear strength
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation; Stress intensity factors
- Old TRIS Terms: Cantilever beams; Dynamic tear test
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00138015
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR-24 Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-76-C-0060
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1976 12:00AM