WAVE DATA APPLICATION FOR SHIP RESPONSE PREDICTIONS
This report is a summary of a two-year project concerning the analysis of new and existing wave data and the evaluation of their effects on ship responses. The correlation of measured parameters, such as wave height and period, with surface log data, including but not limited to wind speed and observed height, is presented for Station 'India' as well as Station 'Papa' and a comparison of trends is given. A family of spectra based on wave height classification is presented as a proposed wave spectral data format most suitable for ship response prediction. The possibility of generalization of the spectral family is then discussed and a comparison is made with similar data from Station 'K' and 'P'. It is shown that differences in spectral shape between the three locations are minimal.
Webb Institute of Naval ArchitectureGlen Cove, NY United States
- Hoffman, D
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 257 p.
- TRT Terms: Electromagnetic spectrum; Ship motion; Technology; Wave height; Wave measurement
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship response
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138010
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-73-C-0101
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1976 12:00AM