HOT PROCESS ASPHALTS. THEIR APPLICATION IN THE CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE OF ROADS
This is the 4th revised edition of this booklet. Definitions are given of the types of hot process asphalts which are produced as road surfacing materials. The structural elements of flexible roads are described. A brief history of rolled asphalt is given and details are provided of the 4 raw materials on which it is based, i.e. asphaltic cement, /TRRL/ the various mixtures are described (wearing course mixtures, basecourse mixtures, and roadbase mixtures) together with their respective tolerances. Details of the manufacturing, laying and compaction, and characteristics of rolled asphalt are given. Similar descriptions for mastic asphalt are found. Additional uses of hot process asphalts referred to are as follows: extruded kerbs, hydraulic applications, footways, elevated service roads and roof car parks, airfields, use by tracked vehicles, waterproofing and surfacing bridge decks and elevated roads, surfacing of concrete roads, and covering sett-paved roads. A subject index is included.
Asphalt and Coated Macadam Association, Limited25 Lower Belgrave Street
London SW1, England
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt; Base course (Pavements); Bituminous mixtures; Bridges; Curbs; Flexible pavements; Highway maintenance; Hot coated materials; Hot mix asphalt; Manufactures; Mastic asphalt; Paving; Road construction; Rolled asphalt; Standards; Surfacing; Wearing course (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Laying
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Mastics
- ITRD Terms: 2990: Basecourse; 4967: Bituminous mixture; 3493: Bridge surfacing; 2944: Flexible pavement; 4997: Hot coated material; 2917: Kerb; 3623: Laying; 3647: Manufacture; 1054: Network (traffic); 2961: Roadbase; 4989: Rolled asphalt; 187: Specification (standard); 2972: Surfacing; 8119: United kingdom; 2980: Wearing course
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Materials; I31: Bituminous Binders and Materials;
- Accession Number: 00137791
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: 4th ed., rev.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM