ESTABLISHMENT OF INTERIM STANDARDS FOR BRIDGE RAILS REQUIRED TO CONTAIN HEAVY VEHICLES. VOLUME 4. DEVELOPMENT OF SIMPLIFIED INPUT AND FLEXIBLE CRITERIA CAPABILITIES FOR THE BARRIER VII PROGRAM
The BARRIER VII program, which simulates the impact of vehicles with flexible barriers, was modified in order to simplify the input requirements. The simplified format eliminates the complex modeling required of the user and allows selection of prestored vehicle and barrier data from the program's library. The flexible barriers criteria developed under this contract was automated to enable the user to check the general tendency of a barrier design to safely contain vehicles of various weights.
ENSCO, IncorporatedTransportation and Instrumentation Sciences
Alexandria, VA United States 22303
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Bloom, J A
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Barriers (Roads); Bridge railings; Computer programs; Databases; Design; Dynamic loads; Flexibility; Heavy vehicles; Highway bridges; Impact tests; Passenger vehicles; Safety engineering; Simulation; Structural engineering; Traffic safety; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers; Design criteria; Dynamic response
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Highways; Motor Carriers; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00137429
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-75- 83 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8147
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1977 12:00AM