ANALYSIS OF FISCAL YEAR 1977 DOT PROGRAM BY POLICY AND RD AND D MANAGEMENT OBJECTIVES. PROGRAM LEVELS FOR FISCAL YEARS 1975, 1976, 1977. VOLUME 1
The analysis of the DOT budget requests for Fiscal Year 1977 is presented in terms of its relationship to DOT policy and RD&D objectives. These objectives are: (1) modernize regulation and legislation, (2) increase efficiency and service, (3) improve safety and security, (4) lessen unfavorable environmental impacts, (5) minimize adverse impacts on energy constraints, and (6) increase knowledge base. The total budget of $14.1 billion contains $367.7 millions for RD&D or about 2.6% of the total. The document consists of two volumes. Volume 1 contains narrative and fiscal descriptions of line item requests. Volume II provides tables and analyses from differing management perspectives.
- See also PB-243 700.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 218 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Budgeting; Development; Energy consumption; Environmental impacts; Environmental quality; Federal government; Fuel consumption; Highway transportation; Management; Policy; Project management; Railroad transportation; Regulations; Research; Research management; Safety; Technological forecasting; Traffic safety; Transportation; Transportation departments; Transportation operations; Transportation policy; Urban transportation; Water transportation
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Department of Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Projects; Research and development; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Federal budgets; Government policies; Government regulations; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Environment; Finance; Law; Policy; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00137419
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-76-69.1 Mgmnt Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1977 12:00AM