NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH SPEED RAIL PASSENGER IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DEMAND/SUPPLY STUDY
The report presents the results of a demand/supply analysis of the major materials and equipment required by the Northeast Corridor rail passenger service improvement program. The purpose of the study is to identify those items (1) where design and specifications, and production lead-times may have a major impact on delivery and price, and (2) where development of long-term procurement arrangements with suppliers is essential to assure continuity of supplies during the 1976-82 time period because of the possible emergence of capacity bottlenecks. This study is also intended to assist in the development of alternatives to de facto cost plus pricing proposals by suppliers of materials and equipment, especially those involving long lead-times.
Richardson AssociatesNew York, NY United States
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Circuit breakers; Construction projects; Contracts; Costs; Equipment; High speed track; Maintenance; Materials; Materials management; Passenger terminals; Passenger transportation; Procurement; Purchasing; Railroad signals; Railroad tracks; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Transformers; Transportation operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Cost plus contracts
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Finance; Freight Transportation; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00137410
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/NECPO-76/06 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-56010
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1977 12:00AM