RIGID PAVEMENT JOINTS AND SEALANTS STUDY
This publication is a final report on a study initiated to evaluate the relative performance of a number of different types of rigid pavement joint sealants. The project has been designed to provide information on the effect that several joint variables might have on the performance of the joint sealant design. These design variables include joint spacing and orientation (skewed or square) as well as sealant design properties. The report describes the equipment and procedures used in establishing the test locations and obtaining performance data. The report contains a detailed discussion on each type of sealant used as well as installation procedures and problems. In addition, cost estimates for each type of sealant and installation were furnished by the Contractor and are tabulated in the report.
Georgia Department of TransportationOne Georgia Center
600 West Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, GA United States 30308
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Thornton, J B
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 133 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Analysis; Concrete pavements; Construction joints; Costs; Expansion joints; Joint sealers; Joints (Engineering); Materials; Rigid pavements; Sealing (Technology); Sealing compounds; Specifications
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Geographic Terms: Georgia
- Old TRIS Terms: Joint; Materials specifications; Sealing
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00137337
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76-S0481 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1977 12:00AM