SUBWAY ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN HANDBOOK. VOLUME I. PRINCIPLES AND APPLICATIONS. SECOND EDITION
This handbook is a guide and reference for the planning, design, construction and operation of environmental control systems for underground rapid transit. The handbook follows the engineering sequence from criteria through load analysis, and from system conceptual design to selection of equipment. It covers a broad range of parameters, including temperature, humidity, air quality and rapid pressure change, and, to a limited extent, noise and vibration as related to environmental control equipment. The content of the handbook is divided into two volumes. Volume I (this volume), Principles and Applications, encompasses all of the above subject matter so that much of the environmental system design can be accomplished using the techniques, computations and related graphic data contained therein.
- Also available in set of 3 reports as PB-254 787-SET, PC$97.00/MF$4.75.
Transit Development Corporation, Incorporated1730 M Street, NW, Suite 911
Washington, DC United States 20036
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 408 p.
- TRT Terms: Air; Air conditioning systems; Atmospheric circulation; Design; Environmental engineering; Environmental impacts; Environmental quality; Excavation and tunneling; Flow; Handbooks; Human factors engineering; Humidity; Mathematical models; Noise; Noise control; Passenger comfort; Rail transit facilities; Rapid transit; Structural design; Subway stations; Subways; Temperature; Temperature control; Tunnels; Urban transportation; Ventilation systems; Vibration control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Air flow; Design criteria; Subway noise; Tunnel design
- Old TRIS Terms: Subway environment
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Environment; Highways; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00137329
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-06-0010-76-1Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-290
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM