GUIDELINES AND CONSIDERATIONS IN PLANNING AND OPERATING TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS FOR OLDER AMERICANS
The report identifies considerations in planning and operating: (1) Transportation systems for older Americans; and (2) public systems in rural areas. It identifies an approach to transportation planning and a number of elements related to the planning, implementation, and evaluation of that system. The report draws upon the experience with dial-a-ride and special rural transportation system in the Midwest and on literature concerning dial-a-ride and transportation for the elderly and handicapped. It is intended to provide a basic set of considerations, questions, knowledge and expectations about elderly and rural transportation systems.
- Revision of report dated May 75.
University of Iowa, Iowa CityCenter for Urban Transportation Studies
Iowa City, IA United States 52242
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- MCKELVEY, D J
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 69 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Guidelines; Paratransit services; Passenger transportation; Persons with disabilities; Public transit; Rural areas; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management; Transportation systems
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00137324
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Working Paper-15, UMTA-IA-11-0002-75-1
- Contract Numbers: IA-11-0002
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 2003 12:00AM