URBAN RAPID RAIL VEHICLE AND SYSTEMS PROGRAM
The report reviews the fourth year's efforts of the Urban Mass Transportation Administration's Urban Rapid Rail Vehicle and Systems Program. The objective of the Program is to enhance the attractiveness of rail rapid transit to the urban traveler by providing him with transit vehicles that are as comfortable, reliable, safe and economical as possible. Accomplishments for the year included the following: Completion of the five-city test and evaluation of the SOAC cars; progress from the preliminary design phase to delivery of initial test hardware; completion of the integration of a self-synchronous propulsion system, a monomotor truck, and a synchronous brake into the SOAC cars; and preparation of subsystem specifications.
- See also PB-245310.
Boeing Vertol CompanySurface Transportation Systems Department, P.O. Box 16858
Philadelphia, PA United States 19142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 120 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Design; Electric brakes; Light rail vehicles; Passenger cars; Railroad cars; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Research; Solid state devices; Specifications; Synchronous motors; Tests; Urban transportation; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: State of the Art Car (Rapid transit car)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Monomotor trucks; Passenger car design; Rapid transit railways; Solid state
- Subject Areas: Design; Public Transportation; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00137320
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: D174-10038-1 Ann. Rpt., UMTA-IT-06-0026-75-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-10007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM