OBTAINING TRANSPORTATION MODE UTILITIES USING THE ELIMINATION BY ASPECTS MODEL
Estimates for the utility parameters of the Elimination By Aspects (EBA) probabilistic model of human choice are obtained using a least squares fit to the observed probabilities. These heuristic estimators are considerably easier to obtain than the usual maximum likelihood estimators of the EBA parameters. The estimators and their usefulness to transportation planners are presented via a survey of transportation preferences conducted in the Milwaukee County.
- Prepared in cooperation with Purdue Univ., Lafayette, Ind.
Marquette UniversityDepartment of Civil and Environmental Engineering, 1515 West Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI United States 53233
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Purdue UniversitySchool of Aeronautics and Astronautics
West Lafayette, IN United States 47907
- Makowski, G G
- Bakr, M M
- Sinha, K C
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Consumer behavior; Consumer preferences; Least squares method; Mathematical models; Probability theory; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Utility theory; Utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation models
- Geographic Terms: Wisconsin
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00137314
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-WI-11-0002-75-2
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM