PRT IMPACT STUDY, PRE-PRT PHASE. VOLUME II. DATA COLLECTION PROCEDURE AND CODING MANUAL
The report describes the procedures utilized for collection of data on transportation demand and supply prior to the revenue operation of the Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) System in Morgantown, West Virginia. Most of the report is devoted to describing various surveys which were conducted to obtain information about travel patterns, attitudes, and demographic characteristics of residents of the Morgantown area. The report also discusses the collection of data reflecting the volume of transportation usage, such as traffic counts, bus ridership counts, and speeds of autos and buses. Also described are the costs of operating an automobile and costs and revenues of the bus systems operating in the Morgantown area. The report includes documentation of the format and codes used for placing the survey data on magnetic tape.
- See also PB-254483.
West Virginia University, MorgantownMorgantown, WV USA 26506
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- ELIAS, SEG
- Redwine, C N
- Trent, R B
- Rovelstad, J M
- Mallik, A K
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 163 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Attitudes; Automobiles; Bus transportation; Costs; Data collection; Demand; Demographics; Expenses; Information processing; Needs assessment; Passengers; Personal rapid transit; Revenues; Ridership; Supply; Surveys; Traffic surveys; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Supply and demand; Transportation management; User needs
- Geographic Terms: Morgantown (West Virginia); West Virginia
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00137307
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06002676/1V2Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-985-2
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1982 12:00AM